Monday, August 12, 2013

Wrong Way Cop From the 76th

Off-duty cop arrested for drunkenly driving wrong way on freeway - Daily News

About two months ago I was heading up Route 8 in Connecticut (a separated highway) at about 10:00pm.  I was really annoyed that some guy coming the other way had his brights on.  Until I realized that he was in my lane, driving directly at us.  I merged right, my wife dialed 911, and the guy drove right past us. 

I didn't really have time to be scared, and to my surprise had no physical reaction (no adrenaline rush).  But objectively, wrong way drunk drivers are terrifying. Turns out the latest one in the news is a cop who works in the 76th. Ouch. 

Shared from the Digg iPhone app:
Off-duty cop arrested for drunkenly driving wrong way on freeway - Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/off-duty-arrested-driving-wrong-freeway-article-1.1423768



Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: