Monday, May 19, 2014

Assemblywoman Joan Millman Tapped For Spot at NYC Dept for the Aging, Will Not Run For Reelection

In local politics, this is big news tonight.  It's hard for me to imagine the 52nd Assembly District without Joan; she's held the seat since long before I moved to the neighborhood.  17 years!

From the Brooklyn Eagle, with the scoop:
Assemblywoman Millman has represented neighborhoods including Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Downtown Brooklyn, Gowanus, Prospect Heights and parts of Park Slope and for over 17 years.
Noted for her advocacy for both children and seniors, Millman said she will be moving to a position at the New York City Department for the Aging.
“It has been my great pleasure to represent our communities in the State Assembly for the past 17 years,” she said in a statement. “The support I have received from my neighbors and constituents has been truly humbling, and the work we have accomplished together will have a lasting impact on our communities. I am deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to serve and I look forward to continuing to advocate on behalf of seniors.” 
Congratulations on the new position and the much better commute, Joan.  I'll have more to add later.  This caught me by surprise right before bed!

No comments: