Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Democratic Primary Day: Vote For Nydia Velazquez Today!

I've cut and pasted some details below from an email from Brad Lander.  For my own part, I can say that Nydia has been a tireless advocate for our borough, our city , our state, for working people, for our kids, for small businesses. She's everywhere, and she brings it home for Brooklyn. 

I met her challenger, who seems like a nice enough guy but was unable to articulate any credible reason why we would abandon a veteran lawmaker who votes the right way on every issue for a totally unknown quantity.  I'll confess I am baffled by his campaign. 

I was only the second person from my ED at 9:20 - so get out there and vote !

From Brad:

There are a few Congressional primaries around the city tomorrow and that includes one here in Brooklyn (you shouldn't be embarrassed if you didn't realize!)  Nydia Velázquez is running for re-election in the 11th Congressional District (including Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens, Gowanus, and some of Park Slope) and the primary is tomorrow.

Nydia has been a great partner in our Bridging Gowanus effort (as a reminder, our next community planning meeting is this Wednesday from 6:30-9:00 at the Wyckoff Gardens Community Center, 280 Wyckoff Street) and in efforts to secure equitable development of our waterfront.  I hope you will join me in supporting her.  Either way, I hope you will exercise your right to be heard and go to the polls tomorrow.

You can can look up your address here to see if you're in the 11th Congressional District and confirm your poll site.  Polls are open from 6:00am-9:00pm.


Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: