Friday, June 20, 2014

A Banner Day In New York: Budgets, Safe Streets and Settlement, Oh My

NYC budget deal reached, and early at that.

Safe Streets Bill lowering NYC speed limit to 25 MPH passed in Albany.

Central Park 5 wrongful conviction case settled.  A monumental injustice has now been corrected (as best we can, anyway).  I still vividly recall the media frenzy over this case at the time.  I can't imagine what it's like to lose the prime years of your life for a crime you didn't commit.  For anybody who complains about the payout - how much money would you trade your freedom and reputation for?

There's also the medical marijuana issue, but I'll have to take a closer look at that.  From what I read yesterday we were looking at a mixed bag with that bill.

Damn, that's a good day!

No comments: