Thursday, January 23, 2014

Best Fantasy Casting Ever? Aaron Paul For The Dark Tower

A little off-topic geekery.  I don't have any high hopes for this actually happening (and after the final installment in the book series I'm not sure I want it to) . . . but Aaron Paul was basically born to play the role of Eddie Dean.  I also like the idea of a mixed-media approach to adapting the series, which would otherwise be had to imagine.
But that doesn’t mean other people can’t talk about it in passing, such as when Ain't It Cool Newstalked to Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul at Sundance in connection with family drama Hellion, and Paul briefly mentioned that he’s met with the director about the part of Eddie Dean, which many people have been fantasy casting him for ever since the the project was announced:
“I've had a ton of meetings on that. I just had a general sit down with Ron Howard, who is a huge fan of the show, which is such a crazy thing to even think that Ron Howard even knows who I am. They're definitely planning on making it.”
“Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character.”
The thought had never occurred to me while watching Breaking Bad, many years after reading the books.  But it's one of those things that, having read it, I can't imagine anyone else in that role.

No comments: