Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Tribute to Celia Cacace

Below, Celia with Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez and District Leaders Jo Anne Simon and Chris Owens. 


Rather than reinvent the wheel, I figured I'd wait until Katia's post was up and link to it.  I knew she'd have more and better pics!  There are too many people to thank, but offhand Glenn Kelly and Maria Pagano did an amazing job putting this impromptu celebration together on behalf of CGNA. And thanks to John Esposito for volunteering Mama Maria's to host. 


The event was a success, with a tremendous turnout that I'm sure touched her heart.  I was moved by the number and caliber of people who turned out to celebrate my friend and neighbor's selfless dedication to this community. 

NB: I noticed your humble blogger is lurking in the background of the top picture on PMFA. 

No comments: