Friday, January 4, 2013

Brooklyn Precinct Twitter Feed No Longer Active -- Daily Intelligencer

I've got to get on Twitter more - I never knew about this feed until
just now. I'm surprised that Kelly shut this down - these are after
all public records.

I had the occasion to meet Capt. Schiff at the CB6 Holiday Party last
month. Seems like a solid professional. We've certainly been blessed
with a series of good ones in the 76th.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/01/brooklyn-precinct-twitter-feed-no-longer-active.html

Anyway, we should be looking for more transparency and engagement from
our local police. The local police where u grew up have a Facebook
page where they post the police blotter regularly. It's a good
resource for traditional news that might not otherwise receive
coverage these days with the decline of local newspapers.

It's a shame that Schiff's twitter was shuttered.

Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: