Thursday, April 25, 2013

City Expands Recycling Program to Include Hard Plastics - NYTimes.com

It's about time.  The biggest change for me will be that I will no longer have to transfer 50% of the "recycling" that my fellow tenants sorted into the regular garbage on trash day.  But seriously, it's about damned time.  When I lived in the suburbs and the boonies we recycled this stuff. 
"The city announced the biggest expansion of its recycling program in 25 years on Wednesday, saying all hard plastics would be accepted. This includes shampoo bottles and clothes hangers as well as countless toys and other household objects.
"Starting today," Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said at a news conference in City Hall Park, "if it's a rigid plastic -– any rigid plastic -– recycle it.""
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/city-expands-recycling-program-to-include-hard-plastics/?emc=eta1


Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: