Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston

I don't have anything of value to add to the discussion, so I'm not
going to be posting stories. It's a horrifying, cowardly act. I hope
the authorities investigate thoroughly and avoid trying to please the
news media. I'd hate to see another Richard Jewell incident where an
innocent guy, a hero actually, was destroyed by a media machine hungry
for a villain.

I can't help but shudder thinking that last year, my wife and kids
were standing right there, clapping the runners through. You never
know when your life could be changed in an instant. I take some
comfort knowing that if I get hit by a bus or a meteor, the last
conversation will have has with my wife or daughter always contains
the words "I love you". I do love them, and I share that with them
multiple times every day. Gives me peace of mind.

No comments: