Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Palate Cleansers

Not a Brooklyn squirrel.  Image via Naked Capitalism

I love animals, but the sloth is one of my absolute favorites. I've

seen one in a tree but I would just about die of joy to be as close as the one in the linked video.  When I was in Costa Rica for a belated honeymoon a few years back, a woman at a wildlife sanctuary unexpectedly handed me an injured baby howler monkey to hold while she dealt with other business.  An unbelievable experience.  Brooklyn's squirrels have their charms, but it's not quite the same.
http://m.gawker.com/5985787/smooth-operator-sloth-puts-the-moves-on-human-love-interest
Extra bonus - baby platypi(?):

Image Credit: the (ahem) I Fucking Love Science Facebook page (don't blame me, that's the name - and well worth Liking for all the cool stuff that will magically appear in your feed)

No comments: