Monday, February 25, 2013

Grand Central Bomb Scare Last Night


Bad:  working on Sunday. 
Worse: the 6 train skips 51st, walk nine blocks to Grand Central
Worse yet: all access to the subway taped off, and no one will explain why

Hence, missing the Oscars.  I assumed that someone was under a train, or police were pursuing a criminal suspect.  But no, apparently some asshole just called in a bomb threat

According to the Epoch Times, a man called 911 claiming a bomb would explode at about 9:20 p.m., but a 30-minute search yielded no explosives. Hopefully on Monday at least one of the agencies responsible for Grand Central will be able to confirm that it was just an extremely unfunny prank.
On the plus side, no one was hurt, and I got some extra exercise walking to the Bryant Park station.  Why didn't I just walk across town to Rockefeller Center in the first place?  I don't know.  My brain's transit map must have been on the fritz last night.

No comments: