Tuesday, July 30, 2013

deBlasio Climbing In The Polls

A Couple More Details on the New NYC Poll

Anthony Weiner provided a valuable service. The same gullible, vapid press corps that touted Chris Quinn as a prohibitive front runner all pounced like ravenous hyenas on Weiner's entry into the race.  The service was (I assume) unintentional; it was to reveal the Potemkin nature of Quinn's popular support.  

[side note: Josh Marshall's TPM has been a daily read for at least 10 years - one of my favorite left-leaning national political blogs, but he's shockingly out of the loop on NYC/NYS internal politics. I don't intend that as criticism, one can't be all things to all people, and Josh admits as much himself.]

As you saw, Anthony Weiner dropped like a stone in the latest Quinnipiac poll. He fell from a 1st place 26% to a 4th place 16%. But I wanted to flag what I think is the more interesting detail in the …

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/07/a_couple_more_details_on_the_new_nyc_poll.php

- - -
Shared from the Digg iPhone app
Want more stories like this? Check out Digg Reader →



Typos courtesy of my iPhone

No comments: