Thursday, April 4, 2013

NYS Assemblyman Eric Stevenson Arrested in Bribery Scheme -- Daily Intelligencer

Fresh off of the arrests of State Senator Malcolm Smith, Councilman Dan Halloran, and four others in a bribery scheme that hoped to rig the mayoral ballot, the U.S. Attorneys office announced that Bronx Assemblyman Eric Stevenson was allegedly taking illegal payments of his own. "Stevenson is accused of taking bribes in exchange for official acts, which included drafting, proposing, and agreeing to enact legislation that would benefit the co-defendants' businesses," according to an announcement. And that's not all: Yet another anonymous-for-now assemblyman tied to the mess has been working with investigators and will resign as part of the deal.
Truly amazing.  I'm not the bribable type.  But if someone ever DID try to bribe me, my presumption would be that they were trying to entrap me in some scheme. And I'd turn their ass in. 

I still can't fathom how open so many politicians are to this crime. 

No comments: